Welcome To TranceSounds: No.1 Place For Live Radio Sets

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Digg: baja wont start---HELP ME PLEASE  Digg: baja wont start---HELP ME PLEASE  Digg: baja wont start---HELP ME PLEASE  Digg: baja wont start---HELP ME PLEASE

baja wont start---HELP ME PLEASE
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:38 pm 

i have a baja 5b and i just replaced the carb and fly wheel and it still wont start, i got spark and when i removed my air filter it appears that fuel is coming out of there. any suggestions? i tried dropping a few drops of gas in plug hole and that not worked. compression is good.

Re: baja wont start---HELP ME PLEASE
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:09 pm 
Italian Stallion

1. Set the carb to stock settings. Screw the two in till the stop (not too hard) and then unscrew them to the stock settings which are generally a bit rich (1.5 High 1.25 Low)

2. try starting without the filter to make sure your filter isn't completely clogged restricting air

3. Re-Gap your igniter coil. Use a business card and lower the igniter coil till it touches the card. Tighten the two screws and rotate the flywheel to ensure it's not touching the coil on any point. (trust me.. even if there's spark some times there's not ENOUGH spark)

4. Ensure you got the fuel lines put in the carb the right way.. the clear one (that goes to a breather line in the tank) goes to the top of the carb.. The black one (going to the in tank fuel filter) goes to the bottom.. Also make sure the breather hole in your gas cap isn't plugged otherwise it'll create a low pressure in the tank and starve the motor of fuel..

If none of that works, i can help ya out if you live in the burnaby/coquitlam area..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:38 am 

well i tried all the above and still nothing. i do live in the area, please call me at ***-***-****. thanks and i await your help some more...lol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:33 am 
Italian Stallion

This weekend is gonna be good weather i believe.. I think i'm gonna run saturday.. probably a bit of on-road.. I'll let you know where/when and i'll bring my tools. We'll figure this out..

When you say good compression, a simple check is can you lift the tires off the ground by pulling the pullstart slowly?

Also to save you grief from any spammers i removed your number.. I'll PM you the location/time when i set it up with my other buddy